The College has a Code of Conduct that all members are to adhere by. The following is the Colleges’ Code of Conduct:
Australian and New Zealand College of Paramedicine Limited
Code of Conduct:
- ANZCP Members will respect individuals’ rights, dignity and culture in the provision of out-of-hospital care. They will practice in a non-discriminatory manner, acknowledging the potential vulnerability of the individual as a patient.
- ANZCP Members accept the moral autonomy and legal right of individuals to make informed choices in relation to their out-of-hospital care.
- ANZCP promotes and upholds the provision of quality out-of-hospital care for all people by appropriately qualified professionals. Members will adhere to the principles of beneficence and non-maleficence in the care of all individuals.
- ANZCP Members will hold in confidence any information obtained in a professional capacity, using professional judgment only where there is a clear need to share information for the therapeutic benefit and safety of a person. This includes the injudicious use of any form of social media to breach patient confidentiality. Members will understand and apply the principles of informed consent.
- ANZCP Members will fulfill the accountability and responsibility inherent in their roles.
- As morally autonomous professionals, ANZCP Members are accountable for their clinical decision-making and have moral and legal obligations to provide high-standard and safe out-of-hospital care.
- ANZCP Members understand the need to maintain high standards of professional and personal conduct. Members will maintain clinical currency through ongoing, appropriate professional development.
- ANZCP Members will act at all times with professional courtesy and integrity, including interactions on social media.